Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Sakura Showers

On this first full day of spring I was caught in the middle of a shower while on my morning walk. Not a drop of rain. Thousands of cherry blossom petals swirled around me like a blizzard! Every year this happens and every year I think back to the days in Yokohama when I took our young daughter to the park to get her shower of petals. I want to run and twirl and reach up to the sky like she did!

"I'm going to take off running.
Can you catch me?"


Down the hill,
through the cherry blossom petals,
 her skirt billowing.

We love spring!

Jane over at World Embroideries posted a lovely cherry blossom temari. She made a combination 10-division temari, stitched large, layered 5-point stars until their points almost reached the pentagon centers.


Then she stitched pentagons in dark pink to isolate the flowers. The process is detailed on pages 30 and 31 of Cosmo 2. Beautiful, classic design!

Easter, 1989
Happy spring, everyone.