Monday, October 10, 2011

Temari Glossary and Stitch Directory

It's Monday morning and I realize that, once again, I'm swamped! In a good way, for sure. As my time quickly winds down for our trip to Japan, I am also trying to finish several big temari projects. When a big project is completed, it's champagne time around here and I've chilled a bottle for Saturday night. My part will be done then.  I think there are always little gremlins waiting around to stir up trouble so I can't say the release date for this big project  is absolutely set. It's just an estimate and I'll let you know as soon as I can.





Anyway - no new posts here on the blog for a while. Glenna, Kathy, and I meet at Kathy's in Tacoma on Sunday. We leave for Japan on Tuesday and meet up with the tour group from Kyoto Kimono. When I return from Japan in the first week of November, I'll be sharing LOTS of photos. But until then, I encourage you to make use of the

Temari Glossary and Stitch Directory

on my website. I spent a lot of time making this tool that is easy for temari stitchers to use. There are photos where you can click and get to a pattern or a closeup view of the temari. With more complicated terms or concepts, I've dedicated an entire webpage to the topic and you can get to that page through the glossary. As I've worked through the JTA certification process,  I learned a tremendous amount about the nitty, gritty details of terminology and technique. If I can help you in any way, please let me know!