Monday, February 20, 2012

Circular Obsession



It's been a year! Over a year, in fact, since I started this blog. My goal was to have a place to share stories and pictures of our fabulous trip to Japan in October, 2011. It grew to be a place where I could share stitching projects, new classes, and additions in my little temari shop on etsy.com.






My first post was about being obsessed with round things. I still haven't pinned down exactly why we are so attracted to circles - turns out there are so many reasons that books have been written on the topic. One of my favorites is that we see so many circles in nature that are truly comforting from the loving eyes of mother to the very shape of our earth. Here are a few words that describe the meaning of circles for me and photos that I took in Japan. All comforting....
 
Focus
Centering
Infinity
Perfection
Completion