Thursday, April 5, 2012

Carolina Fiber Fest - May 18 - 20

Have you heard about it? The Carolina Fiber Fest?


I've just purchased a booth for temari! For three days in May, I'll be stitching and talking and showing off my favorite hobby. Please come join me! This is not the retreat that I emailed you about recently. It's an event open to the general public – free! We will be part of a huge crowd, with our own 12' by 12' space (my booth).  Space enough to show-and-tell, to introduce Japanese temari to all the other fiber-nuts, space enough to sit and stitch. Well, I guess if there are too many of us, we can shift over to the large sit and stitch area in the building where there will be groups of knitters, tatters, bobbin lace makers, spinners and weavers, etc.

This is a true festival - it's free to the public. There will be all sorts of fiber-related activities including classes and contests and demonstrations.  I'll be selling my new book as well as the first two books and over 150 completed temari that I've made. Rice hulls, rulers, thread, kits and patterns, too.

RSVP to me for a special gift you can pick up when you arrive (barb@japanesetemari.com). Let me know your name and where you live so I can put a tag on your gift.

For the love of fiber. Carolina Fiberfest:
•educates the public about fiber and its sources
•promotes small farms producing fiber and fiber animals
•supports fiber artists and fiber-related businesses
•provides a venue for the public to interact with the fiber arts world.

By demonstrating skills to the public, sharing knowledge, and through the close interaction of workshops, Carolina FiberFest is sowing the seeds for future generations of fiber artists and crafts people.

May 18—20, Raleigh, NC. Jim Graham Building, NC State Fairgrounds.

10 am to 8 pm Friday

10 am to 8 pm Saturday

10 am to 6 pm Sunday

Explore Carolina FiberFest. Take a class or two or three. Visit the Fiber Arts Village. Enjoy a talk on a favorite topic. Test your skills in contests. Hang out at the Fiber Cozy. Shop. Pet the fiber. Meet other fiber lovers.

It’s Free!

Zip. Zilch. Zero. Other fiber festivals charge admission. Some ask for donations. Carolina FiberFest is free. All day. Every day.