Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sunflowers Class Schedule and Book Update

Oh my goodness, I am swamped with orders for Temari Techniques and with people signing up for Sunflowers Online Class. Thank you all so much for your support and joining me in my addiction to temari!

Book Update - my publisher just told me that Temari Techniques will arrive at her warehouse on May 9 unless there is a customs inspection to delay it. She said she's never had this happen before so let's cross our fingers. This is about two weeks later than expected when she placed the order but things happen, ya know? At least now we have a date.

If you haven't ordered from me yet, please do it now so I can get a book for you from my publisher. I'll start at the top of the list of orders (by date) when I begin to mail. Here's the link to the order page.



Sunflowers Class
- Hard to believe but it's been two years since we last ran this class with the Shining Needle Society. I get requests for this one on a regular basis and decided it's time to run it again. This one is for experienced beginners. If you've made temari before and are pretty good at making the round ball and marking simple divisions, join us to learn a combination 8 division and many different ways to stitch a kiku herringbone and triwings. This time I'm adding videos of the whole process beginning with making the ball. So you'll be able to watch over my shoulder as I stitch the three temari in the class.

Why the big price jump? It's scary how much things have gone up since I ran this class before. When I priced the kit this time, almost everything has increased, including postage. I added a bit more to my teaching fee since I'll make the videos. There is an audit option for those who have taken this class from me before. I sure wish I could do something about this, but believe me, I've kept it as low as I can. Still, I think for the big kit and four weeks of instruction and a group that stays open for many months, it's not a bad deal. You don't have to travel and pay for a hotel. Stay at home and stitch in your PJ's!

Here is the link to the sign up page for the class. I hope you can join us.