Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Need thread?

Cones of metallic thread from Rainbow Gallery

I will be placing an order next Monday for 300 yard cones of thread by Rainbow Gallery. Please let me know by Sunday midnight (January 12) if you would like to order. Send an email to barb@japanesetemari.com
I will let you know the total with shipping and send you an invoice through PayPal or you can send me a check.

Here is a link to the Rainbow Gallery website.

Treasure Braid Petite is $24.75 for a 300 yard spool. This is the finer thread that I use for C10 divisions and all more intricate embroidery.
There are two pages of photographs for this thread.
page 1
page 2
This temari is marked with Treasure Braid Petite high gloss copper (PH13)
Treasure Braid Petite also comes in a high gloss product and is the same price $24.75 per spool.
Here is a link to those colors on the company's website.

300 yard spool of high gloss copper

Nordic Gold is $20.25 for a 300 yard spool. I use Nordic Gold for most temari. It's wonderful for guidelines and for adding more sparkle to the ball.

Temari marked with Nordic Gold

The company will put any of their threads on a spool. I can get a quote for you if you know of other threads you'd like. One of my favorites is Silk Lame Braid #18. This is close to the size of pearl cotton 5.

Get set for stitching in 2014!