Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Kreinik metallic ribbon makes a quick and easy temari!

This merry-go-round design has such perfect symmetry. Stitch up and down around the ball, crossing over the equator between stitches. Quick and easy. And using a comparatively wide thread like Kreinik 1/16" ribbon gives good coverage on the ball. An excellent combination!

Temari stitched with Kreinik 1/16" ribbon
The scoop:
This is a 27cm circumference ball wrapped in black thread. I marked it into a simple 8 division using the thinner thread, Kreinik #8 Fine Braid (color 202HL). Then I stitched the merry-go-round design with the Kreinik ribbon. I added some pine needle stitching over each pole. So fast!

This is why I'm now carrying these threads in my shop. There is a nice collection of ribbons.
And I've got #8 Fine Braid as well.

The merry-go-round is detailed on pages 109-113  of my book Temari Techniques.

Try it. I think you'll like it!