Friday, March 27, 2015

New C10 rulers from Japan

New rulers for temari from JapaneseTemari.com

Temari stitching has been around for so long, you'd think there would never be any new tools or techniques. So I was surprised to get the email from our contact at Tentemari (Ai) that she has new rulers that can be used to mark a combination 10 division!

These are flexible with sticky backs and are designed to be used with the marking method for the C10 that begins with the simple 4 division. You put your S4 pins in place, line up the ruler, stick it to the ball, and put your C10 pins in place. Then you can use your favorite method for wrapping the C10 guidelines.

I will be placing an order for these on April 1. If you would like one (or some), please respond to me ASAP and let me know where you live and how many of each you would like.

Cost before postage:

short rulers $1.50 for the set of 2 (top in the photo)
long rulers $2.00 for the set of 2 (bottom in the photo)

I have written detailed instructions on how to use the new ruler and will send you a copy by pdf.

Temari nerd? Yes! I am because I am excited to use this new tool. My favorite way to mark the C10 is beginning with the S4 and I like this new gadget.